Vision & Values
At Kyneton High School we work in partnership to own our learning, engaging with the wider community and preparing students for their futures as responsible, successful adults. We strive for excellence, developing confidence and embracing diversity in a respectful, sustainable environment.
Student learning is our core business. Our students are the focus of everything we do, the conversations that we have and the priorities that we identify and undertake.
Core FISO Priorities for 2020
- Excellence in Teaching & Learning – To improve the delivery and achievement of high quality educational outcomes for all students in all curriculum areas with a focus on numeracy and literacy
- Embed the school-wide Teaching & Learning Model to ensure consistent, high quality teaching practice.
- Within the implementation of the PLC inquiry cycles, consistently implement the agreed school-wide Teaching & Learning Model, using the updated UbD template and the new lesson planning template.
- All teachers will be able to use the Gradual Release of Responsibility instructional model, incorporating the HITS, in their lesson planning and classroom practice.
- Embed the use of assessment data and feedback for monitoring students learning and planning.
- Implement the PLC inquiry model in all Learning Area teams in order to embed the use of formative assessment data and feedback and monitor the impact of teaching on student learning outcomes.
- Positive Climate for Learning
- Continue to develop and implement our Literacy and Numeracy programs.
- Embed the School Wide Positive Behaviours model, incorporating a robust process of obtaining genuine student feedback on its implementation and impact on student motivation, confidence and resilience
- Implement a student voice, agency and leadership strategy enabling students to actively contribute to their education and to whole school initiatives
- Focus on developing a culture of mutual respect across our entire school community.
- Professional Leadership
- To improve distributed leadership across the school, featuring high level clarity and accountability of roles, decisions and strategic intent.
- The Leadership Team leading and supporting distributed leadership and professional learning; in a cycle of improvement, continually monitor and evaluate the impact of teacher professional learning and improved practice on the identified FISO areas of Empowering Students and Building School Pride, and Building Practice Excellence.
We are committed to building a Learning Community, based on positive relationships and a strong work ethic, where people are able to realise their potential in a safe, caring, stimulating and sustainable environment.
To build a Learning Community, based on positive relationships and a strong work ethic, where people are able to realise their potential in a safe, caring, stimulating and sustainable environment.learn more